With so many people Occupying Wall Street in New York City and its various counterparts across the nation and beyond - we thought it would be good to post a few resources for teachers, students, and artists who want to get involved. This is just a small fraction of what's going on, so please feel free to leave comments to add to the list! Here are five tips for those of us joining this movement:
- The Occupy Wall Street website allows you to create an account so you can add your name to the list of attendees - check it out here - and get a sense of how far reaching this movement is.
- Attend an New York City General Assembly Arts and Culture Committee meeting - every day, 6:00 pm.
- Join the Wall Street Arts and Culture listserv.
- Check out the livestream - or better yet, go there yourself!
- Schedule a teach-in!
- The available time to schedule teach-ins or discussions is generally daily between 4:30 and 7 pm. If you would like to participate or have questions, please contact Sid Gurung from the Student Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org